Monday 19 August 2013

how to wear leather to work


 
Top: (faux leather) Macy’s//Skirt: Zara//Heels: Zara//Bag:Coach

Mixing work and play can be difficult, especially when it comes to clothing.  Over the years I’ve found there’s a dividing line between “work” clothes and “going out” clothes.  I’m been trying to buy pieces that are more dynamic.  This darling top I picked up from Macy’s is a great example.
As we know, leather is one of fall’s trendiest pieces.  So how do you incorporate your favorite faux/real leather pieces into your daily work wear.  Here are two tips that might help you prior to splurging on your next leather good. 

Tip #1- Mix materials. As you can see, the leather (which is in the front) is the same color as the rest of the material.  A leather peplum or leather pencil skirt is probably not the best idea for the office, however if you mix it with wool or cotton it’s great to wear under a blazer or tucked in a pencil skirt. 

Tip #2- Neutral Colors. I picked up this white peplum because I knew I could wear it with a bright color skirt or black slacks.  This top is also great because I can mix it with ripped boyfriend jeans, which go great with sexy pumps or boat shoes.  So there’s a variety of things you can do with a simple color.  I’d recommend sticking with basic colors, when it comes to leather.  Red leather is a little tough to pull off in the office (unless  you work in a fashion forward office), opposed to a nude top with a black pencil skirt. 
 
logo olivia j


No comments:

Post a Comment